Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lazy day.

Well my week off is nearly up, and though I am definitely feeling better about resuming my activity in this reality, I'm a little sad to see the free time go. However, I am reminding myself constantly that your world is what you make of it - if you sit around bitching (as I usually do) that you never have time to do anything you want to do, you will, in fact, have no time to do anything you want to do. Now, if you squeeze what you want to do in the tiny slivers of time between life (as I am attempting to learn to do), you will have that time (or whatever else it is you want and don't think you have). I'm trying to do it about money and abundance too, reminding myself that I am abundant, I do have the means to meet my financial obligations, I will find a job when this one is over, I will manage to successfully make it through this winter.

Bitching runs in my family and I'll tell you, it's a hard gene to fight. But considering that my grandparents hardly speak to me and my mom misses me like crazy, I am in a position to release myself from inherited negativity. A person can influence their reality, they are able to manifest for themselves what they 'need' to survive this plane. 

On that note, I have been sewing my little heart out lately. Not as much as I'd like to, but I'm trying to conserve energy for the upcoming weeks of camp (read: lounging around). I've almost completed my fourth tote bag and I'm excited to see that they continue to improve with each design. I'm a little disappointed with some of the craftsmanship on this bag, but I've decided that there are certain things about making them that are far less important to me than others. For example, I don't spend much time measuring and being hyper about perfection - if a seam is a little crooked, so be it. Whereas I could, quite easily, be a freak over some of the details of what I make - and thus never feel good enough to try to sell them - I will instead own up to the fact that perfection just isn't as crucial to me as having a fun, functional finished product that pleases the eye. I find that admitting this straight up makes me care far less about what other people will think about my crooked seams, or the fact that you can see the beading thread on the fabric. Having been notified, any potential buyers will know what they're in for, and I've cleared myself from any potential guilt.

I am trying to manifest success in this endeavor, because I really, really would like to supplement my income through handicrafts. I have lots of ideas right now and the problem is being coordinated enough to work on all of them! Which excites me. Right now I have four items and I plan to put the site up when I have a good variety and selection, instead of having only a few things up at a time. I want a little bit of everything when I open the site, and hopefully I can keep encouraging Erin to work on some items too. She is such a good leatherworker, and with all the people I know who follow a Native American-based faith, I think she could flourish in her craft. The hard part is getting her to acknowledge how good she is and actually making some items. I'll keep working on it. 

No comments: