Saturday, April 10, 2010

Etsy!

Just an FYI, my Etsy shop is finally "up and running." I have a lot more stuff to put up, but it's going to be a process. Go here to see my whole 5 listed items. :) I need to revamp my banner and avatar (the little box next to my information) - I am really partial to the chicory flower but I dislike the banner more and more whenever I look at it. We'll see what I can come up with.

In other exciting news, my friend Danielle and I have scored a sweet deal in Sisters (a little town about 18 miles north of here). This beautiful little gallery called DonTerra, run by a wonderful lady named Teri, is going to be displaying my art quilts and Danielle's earrings. DonTerra is a three-(huge)-room gallery that sells the work of local artists. Teri has an incredible range of items, from carved-wood furniture to paintings, jewelry to ceramics, glass work to hand-knit scarves. She also helps new artists get their start, as many galleries won't consider your work unless you've already shown it elsewhere. For people like me and D, this is a great opportunity as Sisters gets thousands of visitors throughout summer.

Needless to say, this is keeping me and D pretty busy. It's exciting, but I'll be glad when everything is said and done and our stuff is on the wall. Then I focus more on my Etsy shop. I really want it to be a successful little shop! All crafters dream of making supplemental (or sole!) income with their goods...

No comments: