Saturday, July 31, 2010

brain pain.

So I have to spend 3 hours with a group of 10 year olds on Tuesday morning, and the topic is "Geology and Prospecting." 


So I'm trying to look up some information on geology, since I know virtually nothing, and trying to find some activities. All I want to know is which impurities cause which colors in common minerals (i.e. iron causes red coloration, copper causes blue coloration, etc).


This is the sentence I just came across, thanks to this Wiki article on iron: [Iron] is produced as a result of stellar fusion in high-mass stars, and it is the heaviest stable element produced by stellar fusion because the fusion of iron is the last nuclear fusion reaction that is exothermic


God. I think I need a nap. Learning is hard.

2 comments:

August said...

Wtf does that even MEAN?

Girl in the Dirt said...

This is what I'm saying. OUCH.

Maybe it means, "shit blows up and then there's iron."

:)

(PS - thanks for the comment, hee hee!!)