Thursday, September 4, 2008

Zounds.

So I've been inspired by my best friend to start using this blog as a platform for writing about things I know about or love. Problem is, I'm one of those common Americans plagued with, well, liking too many damn things. My brain is constantly a mishmash of unmatching ideas. I have no consistent direction. I can't seem to hold a steady job for more than three months lately. I have no idea what to do or where I'm going.

Here's an example.

Things I wish I could do with my life right now:
1. Be a wildlife biologist.
2. Be a wildlife rehabilitator.
3. Be an interior designer.
4. Be a graphic artist.
5. Be a writer, both fiction and non-fiction.
6. Rescue and rehabilitate dogs, namely pit bulls.
7. Have my own sewing business.
8. Working for myself.
9. Have a farm where I can produce vegetables, fruit, dairy, and meat products for myself and to sell to others.
10. Form my own tribal community.
11. Work for a cause. What cause? I have no idea.

Things I'm interested in:
1. The origins of our food and conscious eating.
2. Native American spirituality.
3. Massage therapy and other gentle, healing modalities.
4. Art quilting.
5. Helping veterans.
6. Rehabbing "problem" dogs/dog psychology.
7. Locating my strength as an artist.
8. Nature.
9. Animals. More than anything, animals, animals, animals.
10. The ethics of shopping and eating locally.
11. Dream interpretation, the effects of energy in our personal environment, self-manifestation.
12. Human rights, especially in terms of race and sexual orientation. 

Okay, that's what I can come up with off the top of my head anyway. Picking and choosing what to write about seems almost like more of a headache than it's worth, but if you, my whole 2 readers, have any suggestions, please put them forward. 

I've come to this realization that I may have gone in entirely the wrong direction with my life; this passion for animals that I have cannot manifest itself in many ways, save for the occasional volunteering at the local Humane Society to walk dogs and the few people in the community that I worked with to rehabilitate their dogs. (ha! I'd forgotten I'd even done that! sweet!) I'm going to massage school having had this realization, but also keeping in mind that I'm not especially stupendous at math and sciences; I'm good at ecology, but once we hit numbers, my attention span takes a nose dive. Biology, if nothing else, is a science, and so I am left wondering if my talents lie elsewhere. For now, I am happy to interpret animals and the lessons that they have for our lives.

Wow, I don't even know where I'm going with this. I suppose if I write anything, it will help to accomplish one of those items on my list, the wanting to be a writer of some sort. Maybe I'll just give it a shot?

1 comment:

August said...

I have a rule that I must write SOMETHING at least 5 days out of every week. Some days it's more frustrating than others. But the more I write, the more I think up stuff I WANT to write about. I feel like I've just barely scratched the surface of the things that are important to me that I want to express to everybody. So just write, every day, or every other day (or 5 days a week, like me). It's the only way you'll truly figure out where this is going to go.

Btw, who is your other reader? I'm nosy!